There’s definitely not a shortage of things to do; places to go and sight-seeing opportunities in Maryland from lighthouses to beaches; sports to history, not to mention yummy seafood and shopping galore!
According to the website “Maryland” – the Official Site of the State of Maryland Tourism – there are 13 places you should definitely not miss out on when visiting Maryland (it must have been difficult to narrow the list to 10!):
- Western Maryland – history, innovation, beauty and adventure and a wealth of outdoor activity opportunities. This is where you want to be when you feel like getting away from it all.
- Central Maryland – Including Annapolis and Baltimore; the Piedmont forests and the shores of Chesapeake Bay.
- Capital Region – Located just outside of Washington DC, trips to Frederick, Montgomery and Price George’s counties are highly recommended.
- Southern Maryland – History and culture on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay; along with St. Mary’s County – home to Historic St. Mary’s City, a living museum on the site of Maryland’s first capital. You’ll also want to check out Calvert Marine Museum and its 35-foot-long Megalodon Shark skeleton.
- Eastern Shore – Here’s you experience unforgettable sunsets and world-class seafood.
- Baltimore – Considered one of America’s “Quirkiest Cities” (according to Travel & Leisure Magazine), Baltimore features spectacular seafood; ArtScape; Fort McHenry and the ever-famous Inner Harbor. Oh, and that’s just a start to the many things this city has to offer visitors.
- Frederick – Many charms here with award-winning restaurants; art galleries and cultural events and, of course, craft beers loved by the locals. The National Trust of Historic Preservation named Frederick as one of “America’s Dozen Distinctive Destinations.”
- Ocean City – Go back in time with a ride on the history Trimper’s carousel and visit the white sandy beach!
- Deep Creek – Known for its fall colors at the Autumn Glory Festival and skiing opportunities at Wisp Resort, this is definitely a year-round destination spot.
- Annapolis – The crown jewel of the Chesapeake Bay, the “Sailing Capital of the World” is home to the U.S. Naval Academy; the United States Sailboat Show and the historic Maryland State House. Annapolis is also considered one of the most walkable cities in the US and is consistently names as one of the Top 10 places to live in America.
- Chesapeake Bay – Featuring an endless list of things to do; see; eat; collect and more, Chesapeake Bay is definitely a “must do and must see” place in Maryland.
- DC Suburbs – Whether you seek nature and outdoors or arts, theater and shopping, Maryland’s DC suburbs is definitely the place to be. It’s all here!
- National Harbor – There’s so much to do, see and be a part of at the National Harbor: fine dining; the boardwalk and the ever-popular Capital Wheel!
Sounds like fun doesn’t it?
Remember, you can travel to and from your favorite Maryland destinations in style with top-notch and dependable service from American Eagle Limousine. Call us today (703-550-7200) for more details and reservations!
(Flickr Photo by Beau Considine)