Party buses and limos are great party options for groups. However, choosing between them can be tough. Limos are typically more formal for smaller groups and party buses are more informal for larger groups.
When it comes to choosing the right vehicle there are many different things to consider. How many people will you need to transport? Are you simply going from A to B or are you using the vehicle as the destination? What kind of atmosphere are you after?
Obviously, there is no concrete right or wrong answer. The right answer about party buses or limos and which is better for you depends on which you would enjoy more, which you can afford and which is suitable for the event. Here we will tell you everything that you need to know about party busses and limos to help you decide between the two.
What is the purpose of the vehicle?
Obviously, the vehicle is the main focus. Many people hire limos or party buses in order to get them from A to B in style. This can be for a number of reasons such as a birthday, prom, hen/stag do or simply just a fun night out. They can both help to glam up the night and make it even more fun and memorable.
However, a lot of people also ask the driver to simply drive around in circles through a town or city. The vehicle is the destination. The inside of both limos and party buses are fun places to be and can easily accommodate a party atmosphere. There are often requests for drinks, balloons etc. to help with the mood.
So, you should consider how much room you want to party in. Is the ride short and so you won’t need much room, in which case a limo would work perfectly, or do you want more room to have a good time in which case a party bus would be best?
How many people are there?
Typically, party buses can accommodate a lot more people. Party busses for rent often come in many different sizes and shapes, meaning that a company can usually easily cater for a larger number of people. This is a bonus of choosing a party bus over a limo.
However, if there are fewer people then you can consider both options. A limo will give you plenty of space for a decent-sized group without feeling cramped.
What type of atmosphere do you want?
Another thing that you need to consider is the atmosphere that you want to create. Limos are often people’s first thoughts when they think of movie stars or the rich and famous. For example, they are always a hit with kids and teenagers. They hold a certain status in their minds.
Limos are also thought of as a more elegant or classy option than a party bus. Of course, both options can offer a party atmosphere but you will very rarely see a party bus used for a wedding.
On the other hand, party buses are a fantastic option for a party! They give everyone enough space to move and dance and act as their own nightclub. There are often lights, music and decorations inside a party bus and you can even bring your own if you are celebrating something special.
Limos vs party buses
Here we will look at the pros and cons of both limos and party buses to help you decide which option is best for you.
- On average rental a party bus means that you can easily accommodate up to 10 people. This is a great option for any special occasion with more people than could comfortably fit in a car. In some cases, it may even be cheaper than renting two cars.
- You get complete privacy. Normally the windows are tinted and the main section of the limo is separated from the driver’s cab by a screen. This means that you can party to your heart’s content without worried about being papped! You and your friends can feel like VIPs for the night.
- Whenever people think of limos they think of famous people and those with access to exclusive events with red carpets. You can create this feeling with a limo, unlike with many other vehicles.
- If you are a very large number of people then unfortunately a limo may not be a good option. It may even result in you needing more than one limo to transport everyone in your party. This can seriously dampen the atmosphere and you may be better suited to a party bus.
- Very formal. Many people still think of limos as being formal and if you are after a more relaxed party atmosphere then this may be a bit of an obstacle.
- Party buses can be a great way to save money, especially if you are a large number of people. Hiring a party bus for only three people can be rather expensive, but if there are too many of you to fit in a car, or even in a limo, then party buses are a great way to save some money but still travel together in a party atmosphere.
- There’s more space in a party bus than there is in a limo. So, even if there are not that many of you there is still enough room to have a really good time. If there are more of you then you won’t feel cramped and can still enjoy yourselves.
- Like limos, party buses are very private. They usually have tinted windows and your chauffeur also sits in a separate driver’s cab, meaning that you can enjoy yourselves worry free!
- If you are wanting transport for a more formal event, such as a wedding then a party bus may not seem appropriate. It is a rather informal mode of transport and can clash with the tone of some events.
- Because party buses are so big they can sometimes result in cleaning fees – especially if you have spilled any drinks in the back.